Information we Collect
You may chose to contact Walton Street by email, in which case we will collect your name, email address, phone number, and any other information that you chose to provide to us. Please do not provide PI that you do not want us to have.
How we Use Information Collected
If you choose to provide information to Walton Street through or in connection with the Site or other means (for example, by email), we are permitted to use such information for our business purposes and the purpose you provided it to us. For example, if you provide your contact information in an inquiry to Walton Street, we will use your contact information to process and respond to that inquiry and any related activity that may result from your inquiry.
How we Share Information Collected
- Within Walton Street and among our affiliates for data processing or storage purposes;
- With business partners and suppliers to provide certain services and help facilitate transactions (including, without limitation, processing orders, event registrations, data storage, marketing communications, and customer support); and
- In response to a request from law enforcement, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or to meet national security requirements.
We will not sell your PI. If we share your PI with third parties performing services for us, or acting on our behalf, we will not allow them to use your information for other purposes, and we will contractually require them to protect your information. We take commercially reasonable efforts to ensure anyone who provides a service to, or for us, enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security.
In addition, Walton Street reserves the right to disclose personal information about you: (i) if we are required or permitted to do so by law, regulation or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement or other governmental agencies; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to enforce or protect our rights in or otherwise with respect to, or the safety of, the Site, or to protect the safety or rights of other users of the Site; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity; and (v) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
The Site is controlled and operated from the United States and is not intended to be subject to the laws or jurisdiction of any country or territory other than that of the United States.
Your EU Rights
To the extent that EU data protection laws apply to the processing of your personal information, or to the extent that you are a resident of the UK, the EU, the Cayman Islands, or the EEA, you have certain rights with respect to your personal information, as outlined below.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you, and there are a number of ways you can control the way in which and what information we store and process about you. To exercise these rights and controls, please contact email@example.com.
- Access: You have the right to ask for a copy of the PI that we hold about you free of charge; however, we may charge a “reasonable fee,” if we think that your request is excessive, to help us cover the costs of locating the information you have requested.
- Correction: You may notify us of changes to such your PI if it is inaccurate or it needs to be updated.
- Deletion: If you think that we should not be holding or processing your PI anymore, you may request that we delete it. Please note that this may not always be possible due to legal obligations.
- Restrictions on use: You may request that we stop processing your PI (other than storing it), if: (i) you contest the accuracy of it (until the accuracy is verified); (ii) you believe the processing is against the law; (iii) you believe that we no longer need your data for the purposes for which it was collected, but you still need your data to establish or defend a legal claim; or (iv) you object to the processing, and we are verifying whether our legitimate grounds to process your PI, override your own rights.
- Object: You have the right to object to processing, including: (i) for direct marketing; (ii) for research or statistical purposes; or (iii) where processing is based on legitimate interests.
- Portability: If you wish to transfer your PI to another organization (and certain conditions are satisfied), you may ask us to do so, and we will send it directly if we have the technical means.
- Withdrawal of consent: If you previously gave us your consent (by a clear affirmative action) to allow us to process your PI for a particular purpose, but you no longer wish to consent to us doing so, you can contact us to let us know that you withdraw that consent.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your PI (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you believe that we have processed your PI in violation of applicable law and failed to remedy such violation to your reasonable satisfaction, you may also lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country.
Your CCPA Consumer Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (the “CCPA”), provides California residents with certain data rights regarding what we do with your PI.
If you are an individual who resides in California and whose personal data is collected and processed by Walton Street, you may have the right to:
- Request that we disclose, free of charge, the categories and specifics of the PI we collect about you, the sources from which the PI was collected (and/or, if applicable, sell or otherwise disclose to a third party), and the business purposes) for collecting PI.
- Choose to opt-out of the sale of PI. Currently, however, Walton Street does not sell PI.
- Request that we delete the PI we have collected from you. Following our verification of the request, we will comply with the request and delete any or all the PI in our possession that we collected from you and/or any or all such PI in the possession of our service providers, unless otherwise restricted by law or regulation.
We are committed to protecting your PI from unauthorized access and use. Access to your PI is restricted to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know such information to provide our services to you. They will only process your personal data at our instruction and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Our employees receive training to maintain the confidentiality, privacy, and security of your PI.
To help protect your PI, Walton Street maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to protect your PI against loss or accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
How Long We Retain Information Collected
How to Contact Walton Street About Privacy Matters
If you would like to contact Walton Street for any reason concerning our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: May 31, 2022